Saturday, May 3, 2008

String ambient compilation

Back from vacation with a brief announcement:  the netlabel Webbed Hand Records has released a two-disk compilation of ambient music  based on stringed instruments.  I composed Cathedral, a twenty-minute drone work, almost entirely from piano sounds a few years ago (there is a little bit of field recordings buried in the mix), so I submitted an excerpt from this piece for the compilation.  There are 22 pieces in total, covering a pretty wide spectrum of styles, and I am pleased and honored to be included in this compilation.  

Webbed Hand is one of the better netlabels I've found, with a number of interesting releases. I especially recommend their Rain series, which contains a number of long-form tracks inspired by rain sounds. Like their inspiration, the Rain pieces are sometimes soothing, sometimes more intense, but all freely available, and all worth checking out.

No comments: